Some people are struggling to get rid of belly fat while others are striving to shed the extra back fat. Diet, Genetics and lifestyle are the factors that play a vital role in where your body stores fat.
Back fat is very stubborn and sometimes it becomes very difficult to remove it. Sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise or a diet that’s high in sodium or sugar are the reason behind back fat.
The first and foremost thing that you will need to do is to burn more calories than you consume. If you focus your exercise routine to target the muscles in your upper and lower back you will get rid of back fat quickly. There are few ways to get rid of back fat, let’s have a look at them;
- Diet. A diet that is rich in fiber and low in sodium help you get rid of excess back fat and water weight that the body stores in your back area. Avocados, boiled eggs, leafy vegetables, salmon, sweet potatoes and chicken breasts contribute a lot in losing back fat.
- Fat burning exercises for lower back. You can do these exercises at home or at gym with small equipment. These exercises target the muscles in your lower back muscles, including your obliques and extensors. Let’s see what these exercises are;
Side Jack Knife. It not only target obliques but also impacts your love handles and lower back area. All you have to do is
- Lie on your left side with your legs stacked over each other.
- Now put your right hand behind your head. Your left hand can rest.
- Congest your obliques as you draw your right leg up toward your right arm, which should remain stable on your head.
- Now bring the bent right arm toward your right knee.
- Repeat for as many times as you can.
- Now switch to the opposite side.
Planks. This exercise works on your core muscle and stabilize your back to get rid of fat. Try doing it by using dumbbells for effective results. Follow the following steps to do it;
- Put two dumbbells on the floor in a push-up position. Put your hands on the dumbbells about shoulder-width apart.
- Make sure your body is firm and straight creating a straight line from head to toe.
- Hold this position for about 30 seconds or more.
Push-ups. It is generally thought to be a chest exercise. It strengthens the back muscles to support the spine, preventing back pain and giving you a lean physique. To do Push-up;
- Lie on a floor with facedown and hand at the sides. Keep your feet hip-width apart.
- Raise your hips, thighs, and chest off the floor.
- As you straighten your arms and push your body up until your arms are straight, exhale.
- Keep your head, hips, and ankles aligned.
- After a brief pause inhale and lower yourself down.
- Repeat for as many times as you can.
Speed bags. It tones your arms and upper body. Its best to use a bag that’s mounted to a wall or ceiling but if you don’t have a bag even then you can perform this exercise. To do Speed bag;
- Stand with your shoulders held high in a fighting posture. Make sure your feet are hip-width apart, with one leg a little in front of the other. Your hands should be in fists close to your jaws.
- Aim at your bag or imagine one if you aren’t using bag.
- Hit the bag as many times as you can with your knuckles facing outward.
Bent-over Dumbbell row. It targets middle back, lats, shoulders and give you a sculpted back. To perform this exercise;
- Put your feet firmly about hip-width apart.
- Put dumbbell in each hand and bend your knees slightly. Now bring your torso forward by bending at the waist.
- Ensure to keep your back straight at a 60-degree angle. The dumbbells should hang directly in front of you as your arms hang n perpendicular to the floor.
- Bend your elbows and lift the dumbbells to your side keeping your arms close to your body.
- Squeeze the back muscles and hold for a second.
- Now lower the weight slowly to the starting position.
- Repeat for 10 reps.
Yoga. Yoga is famous around the globe for the incalculable benefits it provides. Yoga is all about stretching and stretching poses in yoga helps in eliminating back fat quickly. Studies have shown that stress increases levels of cortisol, the hormone that gives those extra pounds to your backside. Holding and breathing through poses such as warrior 3 and half-moon can help strengthen and tone your back and core muscle.
Hydrate yourself. Water help in maintaining a suitable weight and prevents the fats to store in unusual places like back. Water also helps in removing toxins from the body effectively.
Drink green tea. It is a fat buster. Matcha green tea has more benefits over other green tea types or simple green tea. A study has shown that matcha green tea has more EGCG (a powerful antioxidant that increases levels of the hunger-banishing hormone CCK) than standard green tea.
Take enough sleep. Lesser sleep results in lower levels of leptin which is a very vital hormone that inhibits hunger. This is bad news when you’re trying to trim fat. The lower levels of Leptin send a message to the brain that there is food shortage and upsurges your appetite. This surge in appetite makes comfort food more appealing, causing you to over indulge in these types of foods and hence gaining back fat and weight.
Cut Salt from your diet. Salt can do magic by adding flavor even to the tasteless food in the world. In reality it does more harm to your body by causing rapid weight gain and bloating. Stay away from salt if you are actually worried about the back fat.