Testosterone, a male sex hormone is very important for men not only in their adulthood but also in their old age. Female also have small amount of this hormone. It is produced in men’s testicles and women’s ovaries. Testosterones is responsible of physical changes in boys during adolescence. These changes are increased muscle, deeper voice, broaden chest and shoulder, facial hair growth and sperm production.
Testosterone plays a massive role in sexual stamina, energy and drive. Healthy levels of it are very crucial for overall heath in adults. Also, enhancing testosterone levels will help in muscle mass gains and strength in few weeks. However, low levels of testosterone can be dangerous for your health and can cause you to lose muscle mass, bone density, sex drive, prostate cancer, heart disease, and even death.
Testosterone are of great importance both for men and women.
Here are 7 ways which will help you boost testosterone levels;
- Get your Zzz. Sleep is very important for the proper functioning of our body and mind. It also effects a variety of hormones and chemicals inside our body. Just like a healthy diet and exercise, good sleep is very important for your health. A study has shown that sleeping only 5 hours per night reduce the testosterone levels inside the body by 15 %.
Testosterone levels increase while sleeping. Good testosterone levels are associated with good quality and timing of sleep. Long hours of sleep will give you good testosterone levels in the morning. Another research has found that every additional hour of sleep increases the testosterone level by 15 %.
All you need to do is to get 7-10 hours of sleep every night for your over all health and increase in testosterone levels.
- Exercise. Regular exercise has a huge impact on testosterone levels. When you’re more sedentary and you sit for longer periods, your brain gets the message that you don’t need as much testosterone to boost your muscles and bones. But when you’re more physically active, your brain sends out the signal that you need more testosterone
Exercise has been proven time and time again to boost testosterone levels. Resistance training, such as weightlifting, was the best way to boost your low testosterone in both the short-term and long-term. HIIT can also be super effective in order to boost testosterone levels.
- Control Stress. Stress is the main reason behind all the major and minor diseases and health problems. Stress elevate levels of cortisol which can quickly reduce testosterone levels. Cortisol and testosterone levels work in a see- saw like manner, one goes up and the other goes down. For good testosterone levels inside your body try to reduce stress in your life. Higher stress levels also make you feel hungry and you gain weight which directly effect the testosterone levels in the body.
- Eat a healthy Diet. Diet plays a crucial role in the recovery or decline of an individual. Studies have found that people with low testosterone levels should take a diet with higher amounts of monosaturated and saturated fats. Monosaturated diets consist of olive oil, almonds and white fish. While Saturated fats contains red meat, cheese, egg yolks and dark chocolate.
Maintain a balance in your eating pattern because eating too much or dieting excessively will disturb the testosterone levels badly. Studies have found that along with fats, carbs and protein also increase the testosterone levels significantly.
- Take Vitamin D. Vitamin D has been shown to increase the levels of Testosterone. A recent study has suggested that People with high Vitamin D have sufficient levels of Vitamin D as compared to people with low Vitamin D levels. Supplementing with around 3,000 IU of vitamin D per day increased testosterone levels by around 25%.
To boost testosterone levels and reap the other benefits of vitamin D, get regular exposure to sunlight or take around 3,000 IU of a vitamin D supplement daily.
- Limit Alcohol intake. Alcohol is a risk factor for so many diseases and disrupting hormonal balance in our bodies. A recent study has shown that participants who drank a moderate amount of alcohol per day for 3 weeks were shown to have a 7% reduction in Testosterone. But limiting Alcohol can help your testosterone levels to bounce back. Decide yourself what is more important Testosterones or Alcohol?
- Use these Natural Testosterone Boosters. One of the natural testosterone boosters is a herb called Ashwagandha. A recent study has found the effects of this herb on infertile men and found a 17 % increase in testosterone levels and 167 % increase in sperm count. Ashwagandha increase the testosterone levels by 15 % and decrease the cortisol levels by 25 %.
Another vital herb to boost testosterone naturally isGinger. It increases the levels of testosterone in our body by 17 %.